The All India Pre Medical / Pre Dental Entrance Test in short AIPMT is all set to replace the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) in 2016 for the admission to the undergraduate courses MBBS and BDS in the medical and dental colleges all over India. The decision was taken by the honorable Supreme Court as a response to the various issues arising in the admission of the students to medical colleges in the country.
Admission to the medical and dental colleges based on the AIPMT rank
The pre medical exam, which is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE), will let you compete for the 15% of the total seats in the medical colleges in India except those in the state of Andhra Pradesh. So, basically you have to compete for almost 2100 seats in 130 medical and 30 dental colleges. Anyways, there is a fair chance if you are getting ranks within 3000 as you can take admission in the various medical colleges across the country by being among the toppers in the exam.
The colleges where you can take admission on the basis of the rank
The pre medical entrance exam will be conducted in 2016 only for the national quota of 15% of the total seats in all the government colleges in India except the ones in Andhra Pradesh. Apart from that, you can also take admission in the colleges who will voluntarily participate in the entrance exam like AFMC, BHU, etc. Apart from these, you can expect your admission to the other medical or dental colleges which admit the toppers from the pre medical entrance exam.
The similarities of AIPMT 2016 with NEET
The pre medical entrance exam which will replace the NEET in 2016 has a lot of similarities with the latter. Firstly, the pre medical exam will be conducted by CBSE which used to conduct the NEET. Then, the question pattern will also be same as NEET. The questions will come from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology like NEET. The numbers of questions will also be same and along with that, the pattern will also be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). It will also have a single paper system like NEET instead of the 2 paper system.
The syllabus of AIPMT 2016
Well, if you are preparing for the pre medical exams in 2016, then you don’t need to worry about the pre medical exams replacing the NEET as the syllabus will remain the same and so is the pattern of examination. The questions will be MCQ and there will be 45 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. So, there is no effect in the examination pattern.
Eligibility criteria for the pre medical exam
The eligibility criteria for the pre medical exams are:
- The candidate must be of minimum 17 years of age on December 31st of the year in which he/she takes admission.
- The age limit is 25years as candidates older than that are not eligible for the exam. An extension of 5years is applicable for the SC/ST/OBC students.
- The candidates have to pass individually in Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology in 10+2exams.
- Along with that, the candidates have to score 50% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC) in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology combined.
Applying for pre medical exams
The pre medical exam will be held on the 3rd of May, 2016 and the last date of submission of fees is 1st January for online payment with debit/ credit cards and 2nd January by E-challan. You have to fill up the forms and apply online. The exam will be an offline or pen and paper exam. The examination fee is Rs.1200/- for general candidates and Rs.650/- for the SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Leave a comment
- Tumblr: 105 Best Free Tumblr Themes 2011
- 10 Best Sites to Learn How to Code Quickly
- Top 15 Great Websites To Download Best Free eBooks
- Top 30 Best iPad 2 Apps
- 90+ Best Free Tumblr Themes 2012 For Blogging Experience
- 20 Best Free HTML5 Website Templates Of Year 2011
- Top 10 Best Media Player For Windows
- 6 Best HTML5/CSS3 Presentation Frameworks
- 15 Best Free Android Games You Love To Play