Mac Os X is an operating system that is developed by the leading company apple. It is a series of graphical user interface based operating systems. It is very effectively credited with popularizing graphic user interface. FTP is the acronym used for File transfer protocol. It can be basically defined as a network protocol that is standard and it can be most effectively used for the efficient transfer of files from one host to the other one.
This transfer of files from one host to the other one takes place over a TCP based network which can be an internet for instance. If you are working as a web designer or developer these FTP or file transfer protocols can be of great help to you. It is very easy now days to get a fully functioned FTP protocol without any difficulty of any sort.
They protocols are free of any cost and also open source and along with that they provide comprehensive functionality which is very much required. These are very user friendly and using some of them you can even connect to other servers on the internet very easily. Some of these can also enable you to work on multiple windows at the very same time. Today our compilation is free FTP client for Mac OSx.
We always try to share best resources/tools for Macintosh users like text editors for Mac OSx, IT tools for mac and many more. This time we are going to cover some free FTP client for Mac OSx users. Visit this list and share your thought in our comment section below.
Macfusion brings servers from across the internet directly to your Mac’s desktop!
1) Mount files and documents as a “Volume” in the Mac OS X Finder.
2) Work with your files using your favorite Mac OS X applications directly. No manual upload or download needed!
3) Support for SSH (Secure Shell) and FTP (File Transfer Protocol) servers.
4) Uses your machine’s native configuration for SSH, including support for private keys and custom settings.
5) Quickly connect to a any server using the Quick Connect dialog, accessible from Macfusion’s optional menu item.
Yummy FTP is an FTP and SFTP client application for the Apple Macintosh, built as native Mac OS X software from the ground up, with the goal of providing a reliable, powerful, yet easy to use file transfer utility. Yummy FTP takes all the best standard features available in other solutions, makes them better, then adds a bunch of its own uniquely powerful features, resulting in a highly focused and productive feature set. You won’t find any bloat here. It’s also compatible with a wide range of servers from the FTP server built into Mac OS X, to Windows, Unix, and even XBox and Dec VMS servers, which fits nicely with its ability to customize settings on a per-server basis.
Welcome to the homepage of FileZilla, the free FTP solution. Both a client and a server are available. FileZilla is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License. It Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). This is Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more.
5) One Button
OneButton FTP is a graphical FTP client for Mac OS X with a strong emphasis on simplicity, drag and drop usability, and file queuing. It allows you to easily transfer files to and from remote servers, such as the ones hosting your website, simply by dragging files to and from your computer.
6) Cross FTP
CrossFTP Pro is a FTP client supporting SFTP, FTPS, FXP, WebDav, and Amazon S3.
Leave a comment
- Tumblr: 105 Best Free Tumblr Themes 2011
- 10 Best Sites to Learn How to Code Quickly
- Top 15 Great Websites To Download Best Free eBooks
- Top 30 Best iPad 2 Apps
- 90+ Best Free Tumblr Themes 2012 For Blogging Experience
- 20 Best Free HTML5 Website Templates Of Year 2011
- Top 10 Best Media Player For Windows
- 6 Best HTML5/CSS3 Presentation Frameworks
- 15 Best Free Android Games You Love To Play